Below is a listing of suggestions to follow when cleaning any computer components or peripherals as well as tips to help keep a computer clean.
– Never spray or squirt any liquid onto any computer component. If a spray is needed, spray the liquid onto a cloth.
– You can use a vacuum to suck up dirt, dust, or hair around the computer. However,do not use a vacuum inside your computer as it generates static electricity that can damage your computer. If you need to use a vacuum inside your computer, use a portable battery powered vacuum or try compressed air.
– When cleaning a component or the computer, turn it off before cleaning.
– Be cautious when using any cleaning solvents; some people have allergic reactions to chemicals in cleaning solvents and some solvents can even damage the case. Try always to use water or a highly diluted solvent.
– When cleaning, be careful to not accidentally adjust any knobs or controls. Also, when cleaning the back of the computer, if anything is connected make sure not to disconnect the plugs.
– When cleaning fans, especially smaller fans, hold the fan or place something in-between the fan blades to prevent it from spinning. Spraying compressed air into a fan or cleaning a fan with a vacuum may cause damage or generate back voltage.
– Never eat or drink around the computer.
– Limit smoking around the computer.