The Mac has always had some awesome tricks that not everyone knows. Here are some not so obvious things you can do with your Mac.
1. Ctrl + Cmd + Spacebar brings up the full emoji keyboard.
2. Cmd + ~ allows you to quickly switch through windows on the current application you’re on.
3. Shift + Option will give you the ability to more finely adjust the volume.
4. Holding down Shift when changing the volume will mute the volume clicker.
5. Cmd + L will highlight the URL bar in your browser.
6. Cmd + Shift + 3 will take a screenshot.
7. Cmd + Shift + 4 will let you take a cropped screenshot.
8. Cmd + Shift + 4 + Spacebar will let you take a screenshot of a specific window.
9. Using ‘Preview’ you can digitally sign documents.
10. Cmd + Option + Shift + V will give you the ability to paste text with formatting.
11. Option + Right-Click on some things will bring up an extra contextual menu.
12. Option + hitting on any of the keys above the numbers such as brightness or volume will bring up settings for that function.
13. Cmd + Spacebar will give you quick access to spotlight.
14. OS X has a built in dictionary. Simply highlight a word, right click then hit ‘Look Up’. Trackpad users can do it by tapping on a word with three fingers.
15. Highlight multiple items then hit the Spacebar and it’ll show them in Quick Look.
16. Cmd + H will quickly hide the windows for the current app you’re on.
17. Alt + backspace deletes whole words instead of deleting single letters.
18. Holding down Shift while minimizing a window will minimize it in slow motion.
If you have any other awesome tricks to share, make sure to leave them in the comments below!